Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is Ground Control to Thunder John...

113,225 pushups completed
886,775 pushups to go
5,339 pushups ahead of schedule

Back on my way to Tokyo.  I’m writing this update en route to Japan, somewhere over Alaskan airspace.  More airplane pushups.  More puzzled looks from flight attendants. 

Not a bad selection of movies to choose from.  Just watched the movie “RED” with Bruce Willis et al. – it was better than I expected.  It came highly recommended by the 22 year old girl who cuts my hair / buzzes my head.  Now I’m watching “The Hurt Locker”.  So far not exactly a barrel of laughs.    Uh oh - Guy Pearce just bought the farm.  On deck:  “The Town” starring Gigli’s Ben Affleck. 

The pushups pace you may have noticed has quickened a bit.  The pushups are getting easier.  The hardest part of this whole exercise by far is tracking how many I’ve done on a given day.  It helps to have a pattern.  Usually it’s 3 sets of 25 before my shower, 50 before lunch, 50 after lunch, and that is 175 and only 100 to go until my quote is made.  At home after work it’s a breeze to get in 100 and then some.  I have been having some aches and pains.  I attribute it to the extra 5 lbs I have yet to lose from the holiday smorgasbord. 

Pilot just beckoned me up to the flight deck.  He asked me to take the stick so he could call his wife.  I said no way.  These good people paid money to have themselves flown by a professional.  I also don’t like the fact that it’s no longer called a cockpit.  

Speaking of wives, my wife Molly was eating shrimp at a baby shower and the subject of pushups came up.  She commented that she was worried that if I keep doing pushups, the muscular imbalance would cause my posture to curl forward and I'd look like a hybrid between Montgomery Burns and a cocktail shrimp.  Yeah, she's a keeper.  
 
Peace out,
Thunder John

"Bringin' the thunder, packin' the pain, loaded with pushups - makin' it rain"

No comments:

Post a Comment