Friday, January 7, 2011

Thunder John: Nothing Changes, New Year's Day

January 7, 2011

106,825 pushups completed
893,175 pushups to go
4,963 pushups ahead of schedule

Greetings Pushups Fans,

It has been some time since my last blog entry.  If you recall, yours truly was last seen on page 3 of the Glen Ellyn News in an exclusive full page interview.  I'll tell you what, that moved a lot of papers.  The logical question I've had to answer many times since publication is "how much did they pay you"?  The answer:  Nothing.  But consider this:  how much would it cost for me to take out a full page ad in the GE News announcing that Thunder John has arrived?  Considerably more than $0.00 I assure you. 

So next on the agenda is to capitalize on this phenomenon, strike while the iron is hot so to speak.  There's a sandwich named after me at the Carnegie Deli in Manhattan.  It's not on the menu, you have to ask for it "special".  And it's not called anything obvious like "Thunder John's Lean Beef", "TJ's BLT", "Thunderwurst" or "Thunder John Presents a Sandwich".  No, instead we decided to name it the "Reuben".  I know, hilarious name, but ask for it... it's delicious. 

Also, I am in negotiations with two charities - one local and one international.  We are going to set up a "pushup pledge" system where readers like yourself can pledge a certain amount per pushup each year.  For instance, if you'd pledged $0.0001 cents per pushup for 2010, you'd owe 105,000 * $0.0001 = $10.50.  I'd send out statements and you could pay at the end of the year.  We intend to have different levels of sponsorship such as "the pipsqueak", "Adlai Stevenson", "the Mighty Mouse", "Hulk Hogan", all the way up to Thunder John's "circle of honor".  Of course it will all be tax deductible.  Stay tuned, I'll have details forthcoming.  (This is not a joke). 

On a Personal Note, yesterday was my ten year wedding anniversary to Mrs. Thunder John.  A picture of her with my two daughters is below.  It's hard to believe.  The last ten years has felt more like ten minutes.... under water.  (I love that joke). 

Peace out,

Thunder John

"Bringin' the thunder, packin' the pain, loaded with pushups, makin' it rain"



Ain't they cute!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment