Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Game ON Fat boy!

June 13, 2011
149,600 pushups completed
850,400 pushups to go
4,748 pushups ahead of schedule

Had a bit of a health scare since my last post...

During my annual physical my weight was... 190 lbs.  I've never been heavier.  Sure, it's all 100% USDA upper body beef.  But still... there's a saint's whisper of a chance that I may have also added a sliver of two of marbling.  So.  Here we are.

I have a friend Jon Swadley who you might remember from older posts.  He is a triathlete like me, only slower.  In any case, since the close of last year's triathlon season he's let himself go.  I apologize if I'm being cryptic.  He's a real tub of lard.  Just... disgusting.  Jon is tipping the scales at an unheard of 180 lbs. 

We bumped into each other over the weekend.  Once all the jiggling stopped, we decided that it was time to do something about this.  Leveraging our competitive natures, we chose a weight loss contest.  Starting with a weigh in on Sunday June 12, we will have two subsequent weigh ins, one on  July 3 and one on August 7, to see who can lose the most weight.  The loser of each weigh in owes the winner 3 hours of yard work. 

If I win, I think I'll just have Swadley roll me around my yard in a rickshaw.

We did this once before two years ago.  I lost 17 lbs in 4 weeks.  Jon lost over twenty.  My goal this time is 15 lbs by August 7. 

In any case, the pushups are going well, even with all the extra weight I've been carrying up and down.  Up and down.  Up and down... one hundred and fifty thousand times so far.  850,000 to go.

Peace Out,
Thunder John

"Bringin' the pushups, packin' the pain, loaded with pushups -Makin' it rain!"

p.s.  To Join Thunder John's Nothing But Nets Team, click this link:
http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/TR/Events/NBN?px=2538282&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

p.p.s  To contribute to Aidan's Army, click this link:
http://www.aidansarmy.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment