Friday, February 15, 2013

What? It's been 3 months since my last update?

February 15, 2013
318,625 pushups completed
681,375 pushups to go
5,920 pushups ahead of schedule

That's right.  Three months since my last update.  But you can't rush genius.  It took Picasso 47 years to paint the Sistine Chapel.  "Roam" by the B-52's wasn't built in a day.  Shakespeare took several weeks to write the Magna Carta.  And Thunder John doesn't come when called.  You'll get these blogs when I'm good and ready if you please. 

Good news - We have a new member in the Thunder John "Nothing But Nets" Team.  Lynette Ackman, a co-worker and one of the smartest actuaries I know - has generously donated to the cause.  Lynette is on her own personal pushups quest - to do 20,013 pushups in the year 2013. 

In January, Lynette entered into a "pushups duel" with a hirsute cheater weakling mystery man in Texas, known crypitcally as "midnightyell".  The quest was to see who could do them most pushups in January.  She was narrowly defeated, 1500 to 1551 as witnessed by this screen print:

Contrary to this screen print, Lynette is no "loser", and I know she'll reach her pushup goal in 2013 (and gentlemen, I think she's single).  HEY MYSTERY MAN - WANT A REAL CHALLENGE?  THUNDER JOHN IS UP TO THE TASK.  YOU NAME THE TIME, YOU NAME THE PLACE... I'VE DEFEATED JAPANESE ROBOTS IN PUSHUPS CHALLENGES (see blog entry 12/6/2010 - man, I used to be creative!) - I DON'T SWEAT YOU.

Well, that's all I got now.  Got to get my beauty rest.  I'm coming down with a cold.  See you in another 3 months.  If you don't hear from me by then... just wait longer!

Inspired by Lynette?  Want to Join Thunder John's "Nothing But Nets" Team?  Just click here:


Peace out,
Thunder John

"Bringin the thunder, Packin the pain, loaded with pushups - makin' it RAIN"

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the support and encouragement, John! Once I was able to move my arms again, I did continue plugging along... and currently stand at 2,853 of 20,013.... 158 ahead of schedule. Small potatoes compared to THUNDER JOHN, but small potatoes are better than NO potatoes!
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Bub! She challenged ME. I don't go around picking on little ladies with cats and knitting needles unless one throws down the gage and summons me to duel. Then it's 100% out sword and into the fray, come back with yer shield or on it!

    I'm lying. It wasn't 100%. There was a whole week where I didn't do a push-up with Lynette rested up. But then I had to work furiously to beat out a little lady in a push-up duel.

    I'd accept your challenge, but you'd obviously win and I'm already busy. This month, I'm competing with a fella in a tall-black hat with a curly mustache to see who can tie the greatest number of innocent, beautiful women to train tracks.

    In March, I think we're going to duel in an effort to take all the ice cream from little children in an entire rural town.

    ReplyDelete