Friday, February 19, 2010

How far can you get on one million pushups?

Feb 19, 2010

15,000 pushups completed

985,000 pushups to go

1,309 ahead of schedule



Well, I'm 1.5% done. This is more difficult than I thought it would be. Every morning I dread the 50 pushups I do first thing. I am very sore all the time. I've taken 3 days off for recovery, but it barely seems to work. On the plus side, I definitely am seeing results. Upper body is definitely more muscular than it was. One million may not seem like many pushups, but it's a lot. 15,000 has been a lot.



If you laid one million pushups end to end:

Assuming my chest is 18 inches off the floor for each pushup, and each pushup consists of an up/down motion so 36 inches total travelled, one million pushups would take you from Glen Ellyn, IL to Buffalo NY! (That's 570 miles folks).



Here is a picture of my kids who will be 12, 14 and 16 when this journey is complete:



Peace,

Thunder John

No comments:

Post a Comment